This recipe is our fresh take on all-time favourite classics. It’s quick and easy to make, so that you could spend more time with you loved ones instead of cooking for hours.
- 1 red onion diced
- 2 organic carrots diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 5 vine-ripened tomatoes diced
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 3 cups home made or organic chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper plus more to taste (optional)
- 3/4 cup organic regular milk, organic double cream, you can use also almond milk
- 2 tbsp avocado or olive oil
- shredded cheese for garnish
- Heat the avocado oil in a large, deep stock pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion and carrots and sauté for 8-10 minutes, until tender.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, chicken stock, salt, and pepper and stir well.
- Bring the soup to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes, until the tomatoes are very tender.
- Either using a hand blender or food processor and blend until pureed.
- Return to the pot, if applicable, and then add milk and stir to combine.
- Season to taste with any additional salt and/or pepper. If you need to sweeten it up, use coconut sugar or stevia.
- Reheat the blended soup over low heat just until heated through and serve with finely shredded cheese. ENJOY!