This recipe is perfect for a lush weekend dinner or lunch. The longest part is marinating the chicken, so if you prepare everything the night before, the cooking doesn’t take all that long. It’s fresh, colourful and rich in protein and fibre.
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (or 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts), cut into strips (600g)
- 2 cups pineapple, diced
- 1 red pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 1/8 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp fresh coriander (for garnish)
- In a large baking dish, toss together all the ingredients.
- Wrap the dish and place it in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours (overnight is ideal).
- Bake chicken at 400ºF for 30-40 minutes, stirring once or twice until chicken is cooked through and pineapple begins to caramelize.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Great to serve with rice